- Frozen pipes are the most common thing that can happen to your plumbing system. Avoid experiencing this by insulating every piece of plumbing in your household.
- Keep the thermostat on and set to a uniform temperature to avoid frozen pipes that lead to winter water damage.
- Avoid icicle formation and ice dams by making sure the gutter is free from debris.
- Install water leak detectors.
- Remove hoses and close the valves of your outdoor water supply to prevent freezing.
*A homeowners' Insurance will cover the majority of natural disasters, but earthquake coverage may be excluded. Earthquake coverages can be added to the policy.